Depending on how much you’ve been experimenting with your 10 Free Windows Azure Web Site accounts you may come across an issue when deleting then immediately recreating a folder. I noticed this issue when upgrading to the recently refreshed Windows Azure Storage for WordPress Plugin.
Workaround: Stop/Start your Web Site
In order to work around this, I did a quick Stop/Start on my Windows Azure Web Site. There are a two ways in which you can Stop and Start your Web Site, first, the Windows Azure Management Portal, second, the Cross Platform Command Line Tools.
Stop/Start a Web Site from the Windows Azure Portal
- Login to the Windows Azure Management Portal.
- Click on Web Sites in the left hand menu.
- Select a Web Site from the list.
- Click Stop from the bottom control bar.
- Click Start from the bottom control bar.
Stop/Start a Web Site from the Cross Platform CLI Tools
- Follow the instructions on How to install the Windows Azure Command-Line Tools for Mac or Linux (they work on Windows too!)
- Follow the instructions on How to download and import publish settings.
azure site stop 'site-name'.
azure site start 'site-name'.
After Stop/Starting your website you should be able to recreate the folder which was previously deleted.